On 2.3.12, the nineteenth of July became a dreaded day - a day pushed into a shadowy corner of my mind, yet always lingering within my awareness. Some days I feel encouraged, hopeful, and calm. Other days, a golf ball lump forms in my throat; and, in a flash, tears pool in my eyes as if they had been locked in captivity for years by a dense steel door. Erupting from their space, they flood over my heart. Those tears are from my heart breaking in two over unanswered questions, unexpected outcomes, and a deep-rooted maternal pain.
Losing a baby I never held in my arms but knew so well in my heart left an imprint on my soul that will be there until the day I die. And, on that day, I will run with open arms towards an angel that will run in a mirror image back to me.
With reassurance and overflowing joy, I will run towards a piece of me that was lost but will fit so securely within my heart and arms once again. I know this. I know this in my heart, in my mind, and in the images of a sweet face I have seen through a crystal-clear lens two times in my dreams since February. The face that I see is connected to a whimsical, warm, sweet soul I feel I already know.
The nineteenth day of July will always be a hard day, but I am now releasing this day into the wind with hope and a prayer. I am doing this for peace, acceptance, and strength.
Dancing softly on the edges of my hopeful heart remains the whisper of encouragement for days ahead that are full of renewal, new miracles, and little wonders.
Beautiful, honey. Love you.
ReplyDeleteSending you love, happy thoughts, good vibes, and prayer.
ReplyDeleteXo
Dana