To say I am obsessed with this dip is an understatement. I adore hummus, and this dip tastes similar to the charming chickpea spread, and it is made in a flash. Seriously, one Eddie Vedder song from his Ukulele Songs album goes by on my Pandora, and the dip is done (and those are short little 2 minute songs!!)
I enjoyed this dip with fresh carrots and snow peas one time and then as a spread on a veggie sandwich packed with sliced cucumbers, arugula, pepper jack cheese, and tomato the next time. It is also great with multi-grain crackers during cocktail hour. It's healthy, filled with protein, and makes little Seashell and her mama very happy.
Enjoy!
Hummus' Brother: The White Bean Dip
Source: adapted from www.foodnetwork.com
Ingredients:
1 15-oz. can white beans (canellini or great northern), drained and rinsed
1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
2 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 T. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup packed fresh parsley
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
heaping 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika (I used sweet paprika)
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
The Process:
Place beans, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, oregano, and paprika in a food processor. Pulse until chunky or puree until smooth. Season with freshly ground black pepper and more salt (if necessary), to taste.
No comments:
Post a Comment