As she was gobbling up some garlic hummus this evening, I thought, "I should write my blog tonight". When that thought danced across my mind a handful of times over the past month, my intentions were always strong; however, I found that I chose sleep over blog-writing. :) I always hold this blog close to my heart though, and I adore writing it (I just really adore and cherish sleep).
This recipe is directly from Skinnytaste, a blog I follow regularly. It is my absolute favorite kind of recipe - you pull a few ingredients from your refrigerator, add a bit of this and that, and bake it in the oven. And, as the icing on the cake, your whole house smells warm and welcoming and wonderful.
Lemon Feta Chicken with Oregano
Source: www.skinnytaste.com
Ingredients (serves 4 - we had lots of leftovers):
8 skinless chicken drumsticks
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 T. dried oregano (or a modest palmful of chopped fresh oregano)
juice of 1 lemon
1/3 cup feta cheese
S & P
The Process:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Season the chicken drumsticks with S & P, garlic powder, oregano, and lemon juice. Bake in the oven for about 40-45 minutes (or until chicken is no longer pink). Remove from the oven, and sprinkle the chicken with feta cheese. Press the feta into the chicken a little (otherwise, it falls off!). Return to the oven on the Broil setting, and broil for 2-3 minutes until golden and bubbly.
We have made this recipe a few times over the month (it is that good)! It goes beautifully with a big salad, roasted asparagus or green beans, or roasted red potatoes. The essence of lemon is balanced perfectly throughout each bite, and the feta becomes a welcomed salty addition, taking the whole dish up a notch, for sure.
ENJOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment