Monday, May 2, 2016

Oven-Poached Eggs

Hello, and happy May!! I am always looking for breakfast and lunch ideas that are tasty, satiating, and easy to assemble.  I could eat breakfast 3 meals a day; I really love it that much.  This genius idea for poaching eggs in the oven was immediately appealing to me.  All you need is a muffin pan, some non-stick spray, a few eggs, and a little water.  For lunch recently, I enjoyed two oven-poached eggs over toast with freshly cracked pepper and a sprinkle of sea salt.  It was a fantastic meal.  I made them a few days later on a Sunday morning, accompanied with slices of rosy grapefruit, skillet sausage, and buttered toast. 

Enjoy!!

Oven-Poached Eggs

Ingredients (serves 2):
4 eggs
water
non-stick spray
S & P
olive oil, optional

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spray 4 cups of the muffin tin lightly with non-stick spray.  Add 1 tablespoon of water to each cup.  Gently crack an egg into each cup.  Bake in the oven for approximately 11-12 minutes.  Be careful not to over-bake, or you will have over-cooked eggs!  Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs from the pan, and add S & P to your taste.  I also drizzled a little extra virgin olive oil on top for a little decadence. 







1 comment: