Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers.

At the very center of our souls sit our mothers.  They are the fulcrum of our hearts, our lives, and our worlds. 

This Mother's Day, for me, is bittersweet.  To have felt an intense gravitational pull of maternal love towards an unborn child for 4 months of my life was one of the sweetest feelings I have ever known.  I am only able to skim the surface of imagining how powerful this sweet feeling may be for a child who is born beaming with health and yearning for life. 

For today and every day ahead, I am squashing the "bitter" and only feeling the "sweet", for I am simply blessed to have been granted that sweet feeling of maternal love and hope - even if only for a few months. 

On this very special and sincere Mother's Day, I would love nothing more than to pay homage to those women in my own life who serve as the gravity to love, hope, generosity, and spirit to all around them.  I am deeply thankful and grateful to these profound mothers who have graced my life with blessings.

my mother
~for her exquisite, luminous radiance and her unconditional love for her family~

my mother-in-law
~for her bountiful enthusiasm and her joyful, celebratory spirit~

my Mee-Ma
~for her contagious laugh and her overflowing, generous heart~

my Grandmother
~for how she brings her own soul to life every day through the simple essence of laughter~

The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.

~William Goldsmith Brown~

No comments:

Post a Comment