When I saw these little devils floating around Pinterest, I knew I needed to make them immediately. They are practically too easy to make, and they are perfect as the tag-along to a grown-ups party or a kids party. I brought them to a football soiree, and they flew off of the plate like popping popcorn from a hot pan.
Perfect for a Party Corn Dog Bites
Source: inspired by PinterestIngredients (makes 18-20 bites):
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
palmful shredded sharp cheddar cheese (my secret addition)
3 hot dogs
The Process:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Fry up the hot dogs in a pan with a touch of olive oil over medium-high heat. When the hot dogs are crispy on all sides, remove them from the pan and slice them into 1/2" - 3/4" slices.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the corn muffin mix, egg, milk, and cheddar cheese. Do not over mix, just whisk together until everything looks incorporated.
Spray 2 mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray. You will probably fill about 20 of the cups (not the whole 24). Fill each cup halfway with the corn muffin mixture. Gently press a 1/2" piece of hot dog into each cup.
Cook according to package directions, about 15-17 minutes, until the muffins are golden brown.
*Note: You could also make bigger muffins by using a regular-sized muffin tin. Just make the hot dog pieces a touch bigger (about 1").
Happy Saturday! Make these today!
No comments:
Post a Comment