As I savor the moments of this pregnancy and anticipate the arrival of a small miracle this summer, I am constantly aware of how beautiful the journey of motherhood will be for me in the years ahead. The living example set forth by my own mother throughout the past 3 decades has been like a cherished storybook. On the pages of this book have been stories and memories inked onto paper, descriptive of family and of joy. Beside the words lay pictures decorated with bright, vivid portrayals of celebrations, laughter, and love.
She is smart, she is spirited, she is compassionate, and she is genuine. She is my mother, and if I can attempt to be half as devoted to my daughter as she has been to me, my little one will grow up more than lucky.
Thank you, Mom, for writing such a strong storybook and for giving me the wings and the hope to take the pen for my own family's future. I love you.
~Happy Mother's Day 2013~
And I love you more, my sweet girl! Thank you for these kind words...you, my dear, are going to be an awesome mama to your own sweet daughter. She's a lucky girl! xoxo
ReplyDelete