Sunday, May 5, 2013

4 Ingredient Marshmallow-Peanut Butter Cookies

Happy Cinco de Mayo! This post has nothing to do with Mexican culture or cuisine, but I simply had to share this recipe today because I made these little gems this afternoon, and I loved, loved, loved them. 

They involve only 4 ingredients:  peanut butter, sugar, egg, and marshmallow fluff.  

Growing up, my brother, sister, and I were not familiar with the words, "marshmallow fluff"; Mama Suz prepared and fed us foods that were, as I have said before, pulled straight from a rainbow of colors and a plentiful earth.  And, as we all know, there is nothing natural about marshmallow fluff.

With that said, these cookies are still deliciously yummy to make on a whim when you only have a few minutes and don't want to deal with butter, flour, or a lot of time.  

Let's start out with a picture to entice you.
 

4 Ingredient Marshmallow-Peanut Butter Cookies (gluten-free)
Source:  www.dessertfortwo.com 

Ingredients:
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
5 tablespoons sugar (I used 4)
3 big tablespoons marshmallow fluff 

The Process:
Preheat the oven to 350, and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray (or line with parchment paper).  

In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter with the sugar and egg.  Stir with a spatula until everything is cuddly and comfy.  

Swirl in the marshmallow fluff with a spoon, one tablespoon at a time.  

Scoop spoonfuls onto the baking sheet, making sure to leave enough room between each cookie, as they will spread a bit as they cook.  Cook for about 10 minutes.  Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for about 3 minutes, and transfer them to a cooling rack. 

Enjoy . . . and, please drink a refreshing Corona with lime or Tequila Tonic for me tonight to celebrate Cinco de Mayo!


No comments:

Post a Comment