Saturday, December 21, 2013

A Holiday Heart Full of Love

As I sit here and write this post, I cannot believe it has been 1 month since my last post.  The past month has been filled with changes, magical moments, and precious holiday memories.  I went back to work in early November, and it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.  Leaving my sweet Seashell every day after spending the first 3 months of her life with her tugged at my heartstrings in ways I had never felt before.  But, as with anything that is difficult in life, time makes it easier.  She loves daycare, is well taken care of, has great health insurance, and is a happy, healthy baby.  What more could I ask for? 

The past month has also been filled with some seriously yummy food, too.  I made a slow cooker BBQ chicken to slather on toasted potato rolls with Asian coleslaw, Huevos Rancheros Spaghetti (search under the pasta tab for the recipe!), and flavor-packed chicken taco salads with chopped romaine, crumbled tortilla chips, and lots of toppings . . . to name a few favorites.  

We spent Seashell's first Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving Day at hubby's aunt and uncle's house, a house filled to the brim with love and hospitality.  We then celebrated again the next day at my sister's house, and she was the warmest and most gracious host.  Seashell and her sweet cousin from New York met for the 2nd time in their lives, and they loved tummy time together and touching each other's faces.  A few blue ribbon dishes from that day were Caramel Spiked Pumpkin Pie, Mama Suz's famous Toll House cookies, skillet sweet potatoes, fried turkey, and crock pot mac 'n' cheese. La Crema Chardonnay and a Bloody Mary Bar added to the sparkle of the day.  

We traveled home to see my parents for an "Early Christmas" last weekend, and Mama Suz's "famous" chicken and wild rice warmed the hearts and souls of us all.  The babies adored pulling ribbons off of gifts and then stuffing the ribbons into their mouths.  Pop picked out the cutest hats for the girls that they will wear for years to come.  Watching Christmas unfold through the eyes of two incredibly sweet and charismatic girls, one who had just turned 4 months and the other 5 1/2 months, was a memory I know I will keep tightly wrapped in my heart forever.  

Next week we are hosting Christmas Eve, and we are so excited to go to church with Seashell's great-grandfather and hubby's side of the family.  

After the holidays, I will start back up again with writing about yummy food.  As for now, I am simply feeling overwhelmed with blessings and am most thankful for the gift of my baby girl this holiday season.  May love warm each of your hearts, now and always.  Hold your families and friends close, laugh out loud, and eat delicious food.  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment