Saturday, November 23, 2013

Roasted Cinnamon-Sugar Pumpkin Seeds

I have always loved the idea of roasting the seeds out of a fresh pumpkin but had not tried it until now.  In fact, I had not used the flesh from a real pumpkin until now (I roasted the pumpkin and put it into a turkey pumpkin chili and then a pumpkin apple soup - delish)!

Anyway, roasting the seeds turned out to be pretty simple.  Yummy, healthy, and easy? I'm in.  

I added the cinnamon and sugar to bring a sweet kiss of flavor, and this made them extra delicious. 

Enjoy these nutty, sweet  pumpkin seeds, and Happy almost Thanksgiving.  I know I am feeling extra thankful this year for the gift of our sweet Seashell! 

Roasted Cinnamon-Sugar Pumpkin Seeds
Source: my own

Ingredients:
Seeds from one medium fresh pumpkin, strings of pumpkin removed and then rinsed
Small drizzle olive oil
A few shakes of cinnamon
1 big T. sugar
Pinch of sea salt

The Process:
Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.  Drizzle a baking sheet with a little olive oil.  Lay the pumpkin seeds (previously rinsed) on the baking sheet in as much of an even layer as possible.  

In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon, sugar, and sea salt.  Gently add this mixture to the pumpkin seeds, and use your hands to mix the seeds together with the cinnamon, sugar, and salt.  Again, make sure the seeds are as even as possible (but it is OK if a few are layered on top of one another).  

Bake for 45 minutes, flipping the seeds once after about 20 minutes.  Cool, and then enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment