Monday, February 3, 2014

Renewal

As the rain poured down outside this morning, I fed the dogs in our quiet kitchen, started a pot of hot coffee, turned the flip calendar to February 3, and then I paused.  I paused to reflect on this calendar day and on the poignant, peaceful rainfall.  I spent a few moments sending a maternal message up to our Little Wonder, the sacred 16-week pregnancy we lost on this day two years ago - February 3, 2012.

With my precious Seashell sleeping peacefully down the hall and dreaming of new adventures, giggles, and happy moments - and my unwavering rock of a husband still sleeping, too - I felt the warmth of an internal smile and a deeply-rooted appreciation within me.  

I paused to soak in the wonders of this life.  I paused to accept how life ebbs and flows and teaches us through pain.  I paused to welcome the rain into my heart, my past, and my future.  I paused to take the rain as a sign of pure, clean renewal on this special, sacred day that I will forever hold in my heart - until we see each other again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment