Friday, January 24, 2014

Blissfully Warm Baked Pear Crumble

I was savoring a peaceful hour to myself last weekend while Seashell was asleep and hubby was out, and I wanted to make something warm and toasty and sweet as an afternoon treat. Looking through my options in the kitchen, I found a pear, a canister of oats, brown sugar, honey, and dried cranberries.  

With the frigid temperatures outside coupled with the fluffy snow falling, I decided to bake the pear with the rest of the ingredients and call it "Blissfully Warm Baked Pear Crumble".  It was incredibly warm, toasty, and sweet, and it was also very, very tasty.

Blissfully Warm Baked Pear Crumble
Source: my own, inspired by a snowy Richmond day and the items already in my kitchen

Ingredients:
1 pear, cut in half lengthwise with seeds and fibrous middle removed

drizzle of honey
sprinkle of salt
2 spoonfuls of each of the following, 1 spoonful for each half of the pear:
-brown sugar
-dried cranberries
-oats

The Process:
Place the pear halves in a small baking dish.  Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes.  As I quickly learned, they are delicious on their own and even more delicious topped with whipped cream.


Stay warm, and happy winter weekend!









No comments:

Post a Comment