I cannot believe it has been almost 1 month since my last post. I feel as though the days are flying by so quickly, and I am pouring my heart into capturing each moment as it passes and trying my best to be mindful, hopeful, and grateful. Time never flew by this fast before I became a mother. . . When and how did Seashell become a 7-month old? She is a bundle of completely innocent, endearing joy, and I could go on and on and on and on about her, but this blog is devoted to deliciously simple kitchen creations. :)
Throughout the past month, hubby and I have been enjoying the process of creating Blue Apron meals. For those who do not know, Blue Apron is a NY-based company that sends a box of chilled fresh ingredients right to your doorstep. The fresh ingredients are enough to create 3 beautiful meals for two for the week. They include detailed step-by-step instructions for cooking, and the end results have been incredible. We have fallen in love with these meals, and I have adored learning new tricks of the trade (e.g. how do I get to the root of the lemongrass?)
Anyway, more on Blue Apron in a future post. For now, I will dedicate today's writing to a simple, lovely, nourishing, easy tortellini soup. Mama Suz found this recipe online, and I do not, unfortunately, have the original source. I will include what I used to make it, which includes the adaptations.
Served with crusty bread with butter, it is the perfect soup to enjoy on these "spring-but-still-cold-at-night" evenings. Enjoy!!
Creamy Tortellini Soup with Spinach and Tomatoes
Ingredients:
1 bag frozen cheese tortellini
2 cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
1 box vegetable stock/broth
1 bag fresh spinach
1 block cream cheese
a few scallions for topping
S & P
The Process:
This is a slow cooker recipe, and wow, do I love slow cookers! Put the vegetable stock, cream cheese, and 2 cans of tomatoes in the slow cooker. Chunk up the cream cheese a bit with a spoon. Cook on low for about 4-5 hours. Stir occasionally to continue breaking up the cream cheese (it will look a little strange while cooking, but it all works out in the end)!
Add in the tortellini and fresh spinach leaves about 45 minutes before soup is ready. Stir to combine. Add S & P to taste. Top with a few sliced scallions, and serve with crusty buttered bread. Dinner is served!
No comments:
Post a Comment