Now, moving on to this sassy sandwich. . . also a gift. I was inspired to make this sandwich after hubby and I picked up some lunch at a nearby Northside cart called "Grey Hill Cafe". For reference, it sits in front of Once Upon a Vine wine and beer shop.
We basically re-created the sandwich from this take-out gem in the Northside, and the end product was ridiculously yummy.
Sassy Southern BLT
Source: Inspired by the version from Grey Hill Cafe
Ingredients (serves 2):
4 pieces sourdough bread
4 pieces bacon, cooked
4 pieces Boston Bibb lettuce
1 large tomato, sliced
1/2 avocado, sliced
homemade pimento cheese (recipe below)
S & P
The Process:
I made homemade pimento cheese for this sandwich, but you can definitely use store-bought cheese. I did not measure as I was making it, but I will do my best to make estimates. (Just adjust the ingredients as needed). Add about 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese to a bowl. Add in about 1 T. mayo and 2-ish T. sour cream. Stir to combine. Add in about 1/4 cup pimentos from a jar, diced. Sprinkle in some S & P to taste, and stir to combine. You can add a little dash of hot sauce for an extra kick. Taste it, and adjust seasonings and ingredients as needed. You want the cheese to be chunky and not soupy, so if you have too much mayo/sour cream, add more cheese!!
Next, assemble your Sassy Southern BLTs by toasting the sourdough bread, slathering some pimento cheese on each half, and topping the cheese with sliced tomato, pieces of cooked bacon, and a few pieces of avocado. I finished them with some freshly cracked black pepper.
Bon Appetit!
No comments:
Post a Comment