Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

I will rise and shine for these, time and time again.  Rachel made these for us one morning at Pawley’s, and they were so scrumptious!  The recipe’s creator is her dad, Mike, and we raised our glasses of OJ and cups of coffee to him that morning.  Thank you for this incredible recipe, Mike!

This pancake recipe helps to reduce the simple carbohydrates generally consumed with stacks of the beloved morning favorite.  By using less flour and more eggs, you ingest more hearty protein and smart calories.  The cottage cheese also adds protein, while also contributing a velvety richness and great texture to the pancakes. 

~Enjoy~

Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Recipe: Mike Scandiffio ~ Brooklyn, NY

Ingredients:
1 cup cottage cheese
½ cup flour
4 eggs
6 tablespoons melted butter (I only used about 3)
1 tsp salt

The Process:
Heat your griddle or pan with a little butter (this is separate from the butter set aside for the batter).  Simply combine all ingredients using a whisk or spatula to make a pancake batter.  It will look a bit thicker due to the cottage cheese. 

Pour little spheres onto your pan, and cook for about 3 minutes a side until golden brown and bubbly.  Lightly dress each cake with a bit of your favorite syrup, and you are good to go. 

I made these this morning in my own kitchen, and they were phenomenal!  We were out of syrup, so I warmed frozen berries and added a touch of brown sugar for sweetness.  I used this simple berry compote as my syrup. 

Bon Appétit!


No comments:

Post a Comment