Friday, September 23, 2011

The Today Show & A Happy Heart

Through most of high school and through the majority of my college career, I felt I was destined to work on the Today Show, effervescently sitting next to the striking, handsome, and kind Matt Lauer.  I majored in Journalism/Communications and knew this was my course. . . until, I knew that it wasn't my course.  I was actually destined to be an occupational therapist working with pediatrics.

I tap into those previously learned communications and journalism skills often to help build this blog, post by post, and I would not change those years of learning for anything.  Those skills help this blog to grow and to sparkle.  Along with the daily creativity needed for successful occupational therapy treatment, this blog is also utilized as a creative outlet for me.

In between patients this morning, I received an email on my hip, modern new phone (the flip phone, sadly, bit the dust) alerting me that one of my recently submitted food photos was FEATURED ON THE TODAY SHOW WEBSITE!!!!

I grinned from ear to ear.  I was elated.  I was thrilled.  I was honored. 

Here is the link:
Feast your eyes on these food photos that will make you crave veggies

So, my previous journalism journey led me, in so many fruitful ways, to my new journey as an occupational therapist.  I am an OT who writes a deliciously simple food blog a few times a week; and, ironically, both roads have come together in a super cool way.  Even if it's just one little photo, I don't think I'll stop smiling about it all day long. 

Thank you, hearts of palm and the Today Show, for bringing me a heart full of joy today. 


Grilled Hearts of Palm.  Ricotta.  Basil

1 comment: