Around here in Richmond, I savor the sweet days when Fall lingers for a couple of cherished months before Winter sets in and chills our bones. With the leaves crunching underneath my feet on my walks to work, the sun setting a bit earlier, and the Fall recipes brewing in my head (and in the crockpot), this is, by far, my favorite time of year.
Mama Suz made these muffins last weekend while I was at home visiting. They are filled with Fall flavors, and they are AMAZING.
They are hearty, fulfilling, sweet, and a li’l spicy. I enjoyed them with apple butter one day, warmed in the microwave - sans topping - the next day, and with a little peanut butter the following day. Sadly, they have vanished; I will be making my own batch in the very near future.
Thank you, Mama Suz, for swirling Autumn into a muffin in the most glorious way.
Pumpkin-Cranberry Muffins
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 cup canned or fresh pumpkin (Mom used canned and used 1 1/2 cups!)
2 cups sugar (Mom reduced the sugar and used just a little over 1 cup)
1/2 cup melted butter or canola oil
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries (Mom used about 1 1/2 cups...maybe even 2)
1 cup chopped nuts (Mom chose pecans)
The Process:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda, spice and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar; add pumpkin & oil (or butter) and mix well. Stir into the dry ingredients until just moistened. (Do not over-mix the batter). Fold in the cranberries and nuts.
Fill foil or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Make a cup of hot chai tea or pumpkin-spice coffee
to accompany these little delights,
and enjoy.
"I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out 'til sundown,
for going out, I found, was really going in."
~John Muir
YUM! I'll make more, I promise! Love you very much!
ReplyDeleteI love love love that you added an option to use oil. I have all the ingredients on hand and I may just make them now! :) Thanks, hun!!
ReplyDelete