Just as Elphaba was initially misunderstood by her external canvas in the story, Wicked, so is this smoothie; the green color is off-putting to some, but I promise you, it is so delish! For those of you with little ones, make this for them and call it a Green Monster Smoothie. How fun is that?
I used spinach because of the mild flavor. You could definitely use kale or another leafy green, but it may have a bitter, stronger flavor. I added a frozen banana because I absolutely love bananas blended into smoothies. Bananas have a mellow color, as well, which turns the smoothie into an Emerald City green when combined with the spinach leaves. I chose almonds because they have a delicate, mild flavor. I omitted the nuts one time and used Almond Milk in the place of regular milk, and this worked beautifully, as well. Have fun with it!
Elphaba's Smoothie
Recipe: my own
Ingredients:
1 frozen banana, broken in half¾ c. milk
2 tablespoons or so of almonds (chopped, slivered, or sliced)
1 cup fresh spinach leaves
1 teaspoon honey
A few ice cubes (add as needed during the blending process)
splash of water (add if needed during blending to help with consistency)
The Process:
Simply blend all ingredients together until you have the consistency of a wonderful smoothie.
Pour into a big glass, add a straw, and get ready to feel nourished! It packs a wicked punch of protein, minerals, and vitamins . . . and the honey brings just a touch of sweetness.
Elphaba’s Smoothie is a home run of a healthy treat because it's wholesome, nourishing ingredients are blended into a dreamy, ice cream-like smoothie. The spinach is so mild - you will not even taste it. This smoothie is like enjoying a little salad, some fruit, a small glass of milk, and a tiny serving of nuts - all in one drink.
Healthy, simple, and delicious.
I do believe
I have been changed for the better
Because I knew you.
~Wicked~
Great pictures and such a sweet quote at the end...I will have to try this drink - it doesn't sound good...but I trust you completely! Your fall pictures are absolutely gorgeous, by the way. I have been bragging about your blog all weekend!
ReplyDelete