This year, we are traveling home to sit snugly next to family at Mama Suz's dining room table, and we would not have it any other way. I say this because she is the foundation of our family - the epicenter of our love and warmth.
Because her health took an unexpected, violent turn last May, and then took a promising turn for the continuous journey uphill, we are forever blessed and grateful. This Thanksgiving is extra special because she is extra special, and Thanksgiving really is about taking every single precious moment and savoring it, isn't it?
It is about getting your mindset back in check to constantly hold those you love close to you, saying the words in your heart that you need to say, and giving thanks for all of the blessings around you.
It is about hope.
"They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world,
and after awhile, they forgot about everything
but the good and true things they would do someday."
~Brian Andreas~
You know I will post some recipes when I return home after the feast. I will also be making my once-a-year CRANBERRY sauce, which is so appropriate for the blog. Until then, Happy Thanksgiving 2011 to all . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment