Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mindfulness.

Day by day, moment by moment.  This is truly the best way to live. 

2 weeks ago, hubby and I were faced, front and center, with unexpected, heartbreaking news.  We suffered a significant loss. 

Living day by day, moment by moment, is how we are carrying each other along.  If I think too far ahead, I feel as if my mind is lost within the eye of a tornado.  If I allow my thoughts to wander backwards into the past, I become distraught and deeply sad. 

I am working to face each moment mindfully, presently, and spiritually. 

When I am cooking, I feel I am living this way.  I am ever-present in the moment, living mindfully.  The world seems to stop, and I able able to freely center my focus. 

I also feel this way when I paint for leisure. 

When I look into my husband’s eyes, that same feeling grounds me to the core.

I turned the keys to ignite this blog just over 1 year ago.  Creating my own recipes, attempting to re-create and/or adapt much more talented cooks' and chefs' recipes, and sharing words of sentiment, celebration, family, and love ~

This blog has been so special to me in so many ways. 

I am looking forward to another year of mindful cooking translated into words and pictures.  Cooking in my kitchen the past 2 weeks has been more than helpful towards inner peace, acceptance, and reflection.  Thank you all for your endless prayers, love, and support as hubby and I take each day moment for moment. 

“Simple kitchen creations and what inspires me to make them”
Delicious recipes will be featured again soon on C & C. 
Until then, as always . . . 
Bon Appétit.

1 comment: