Thursday, February 2, 2012

Blissful Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Happy February! Typically, February is a dismal, gray month, but this year, the shortest-but-feels-like-the-longest-month-of-the-year has proven the opposite is true in 2012 with beautiful sunrises and 65 degree days.  Odd, but welcomed, for sure.

These Baked Sweet Potato Fries remind me of spring and summer evenings, for 2 reasons.  The first reason is that they go perfectly with burgers from the grill, and the second is that they are much healthier than the fried version; and, since we all wear a little less clothing in the warmer months, it is better to choose the baked version. :) 

They are simple and easy to make, and I fall in love a little more each time I make them.  This recipe pulls from the same concept as a previous post for Roasted Sweet Potatoes, except those were cut into chunks and sprinkled with sweet and earthy flavors like maple syrup, sesame seeds, and cinnamon.
 
Blissful Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Ingredients (4-5 small servings):
3 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into "fry" shapes (keep the skins on)
Olive Oil
S & P

The Process:
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.  After you have scrubbed the sweet potatoes and sliced them into fries, place them on a baking sheet.  Drizzle them with a little olive oil on both sides, and add some sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.

Bake them for about 35-40 minutes until golden and crispy.  You can turn them halfway through the cooking process for even cooking on all sides, but I prefer some of the edges to be a little more toasty than others.  Yes, I am an odd bird.  I also like burnt toast. 
Look at those beauties.
Serve solo (I have done this for one of my Meg dinners) or paired with a cheeseburger, garlic chicken burger, or black bean veggie burger, and ENJOY. 






No comments:

Post a Comment