Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy Birthday, Jen-Jen.

My sister and I were cheerleaders together in high school for one year.  She was a freshman, and I was a senior.  She was effortlessly coordinated, and I was not.  She learned the cheers after one demonstration, and I learned them after a whole lot of after-practice practice.  Jumping on the pavement under a starlit sky, we smiled big smiles and had so much fun.    

Fast forward twelve years from those Friday football games and we are cheerleaders still.  As sisters, we cheer for each other. 

The way we laugh together is insane and priceless; we have memories as thick as a rainforest and as deep as a canyon; and, we carry each other along through life’s beautiful moments and life’s tragic ones. 

Jen-Jen, on this day, and every day, I wish you joy, laughter, and love.  Thank you for being my cheerleader, and for being so darn good at it.

I love you.  Happy 27th Birthday. 

1 comment:

  1. Way to make Mama Suz cry! You've done it again, Meg. I know you remember all those times I told you both, "You are so lucky to have a sister." You two are the best sisters in the whole world and I am so proud of both of you.XXXX

    ReplyDelete