I created this salsa recently to top grilled shrimp, and I made it again to scoop up with tortilla chips as an app before dinner. The concept for this salsa is not new; you cannot go wrong when you add avocado, mango, and lime together. This recipe is wildly simple and boldly-flavored.
Summer Heat Mango-Avocado Salsa
Source: my own
Ingredients:
1 avocado, skin removed, pitted and diced
1 mango, skin removed and diced
1 big lime, zested and juiced
palmful of fresh cilantro, chopped
small drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
S & P to taste
The Process:
Lightly toss all ingredients together in a bowl. Adjust lime juice and S & P to your taste (I added a touch more fresh lime juice).
This salsa sings summer
with the tangy lime, creamy avocado, and lucent, sweet mango.
Make it this weekend, pair it with tacos and a few beers, and the heat is somewhat tolerable -- almost enjoyable!
No comments:
Post a Comment