Saturday, September 29, 2012

Salted Caramel Pudding with Pistachio Nougat

This entire post is dedicated to the most insanely mouth-watering dessert I have had in a long, long time.  Hubby and I ventured a couple of miles down the road to one of our favorite Northside spots, Enoteca Sogno, for dinner a few weekends ago.  Dinner was, as usual, scrumptious, authentic Italian that melts in your mouth and leaves you incredibly happy and satiated but not overly full ~ the best kind of after-dinner feeling. 

As we were savoring our last few sips of beer and wine, we opted for dessert.  We usually do not eat dessert out, but as our server described one of their specials, we absolutely could not resist. 

This dessert is creamy and crunchy, and it has that sweet/salty combination that I am crazy about; it is truly a prized, heavenly treasure resting effortlessly in a little glass dish.  I will be brutally honest and vulnerable and tell you this, too:  When I felt no one was looking, I did use my finger to wipe the side of the dish when the spoon was not doing a good job of scooping up the last little bit. 

Since I have been day-dreaming about this dessert since enjoying it a few weeks ago, I felt an intense urge to share a photo with you for my blog post today.  I apologize as I do not have the recipe, but I honestly do not feel I could re-create the magic.  It was just way too special.   

Salted Caramel Pudding with Pistachio Nougat
~Enoteca Sogno~
Richmond, VA





No comments:

Post a Comment