It was obviously a natural request of mine for my hubby to make it when he asked what I would like for dinner on Valentine's Day. Fettuccine is not a dish he has made before, but I had complete trust in his humble culinary abilities last Thursday evening. He is a much better cook than he thinks he is, and I secretly wish he would cook a little more. (I guess that it is no longer a secret!)
WOW is all I can say. He decided to make his own sauce on the stove top, and every step of the process was effortlessly executed. The noodles were plated beautifully, and they paired deliciously with a simple green salad with a tangy Italian dressing. Oh, I am a lucky girl.
Heaven on a Plate Fettuccine
Source: Hubby (and inspired by Mama Suz)
Ingredients (serves about 6 - we had lots of leftovers):
1 cup heavy cream
1 stick butter
1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese (the fresher, the better)
3-4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
large handful of curly parsley, chopped
S & P
The Process:
Warm the butter in a non-stick pan on medium. Once the butter has melted, add in the cream, and reduce the heat to low. Whisk to incorporate the two luscious ingredients. Add some S & P, and just eyeball the mixture for about ~10 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
While the sauce is cooking slowly, cook the bacon and set it aside. Heat up the water so that you can cook the noodles.
In a large serving bowl, add about 1 cup of grated parmesan. Add some black pepper. When the noodles are al dente (1-2 minutes shy of fully cooked), drain the noodles and add them directly to the serving bowl with the parmesan and pepper. Gently fold the noodles around and over the parmesan.
Now, it's sauce time. Slowly pour the sauce onto the noodles. Add the parsley and crumbled bacon. Plate your fettuccine, and finish with a little more grated parmesan and black pepper. Serve immediately. Re-heat throughout the week for a luscious treat.
~Heaven on a Plate Fettuccine~
No comments:
Post a Comment