The other night, while I was watching my savored episodes of Top Chef, I felt a flutter for the first time. I texted my Mom, described it, and asked, "Was that Seashell?" Her response - "You bet it was!"
The visceral, sweet feeling of knowing that something is growing within me is simply out of this world. I am really unable to paint a literary picture to describe the electric maternal connectivity felt that night and multiple times since then.
It is astounding, and it reminds me of the special gift we were blessed with last year that never made it through the 4th month within me. That connection will be in my heart forever, and it is because of that connection that I feel this bond in an even more grateful and gracious way.
With the first 4 months behind us, we are moving forward with big, thumping, thankful hearts and open eyes --- ready for the most magnificent gift of this life.
No comments:
Post a Comment