Friday, March 29, 2013

Simple and Delicious Beef & Bean Burritos

These burritos are absolutely amazing.  I saw Ree Drummond make them on an episode of The Pioneer Woman recently, and I never looked back.  I was pulled in like a magnet to re-create them in my own way, in my own kitchen, as soon as possible.

It is pretty hard to resist going back for seconds with these guys, I am telling you.  It takes quite a bit of self-control - just ask hubby. ;-)

Simple and Delicious Beef & Bean Burritos
Source:  Inspired by www.thepioneerwoman.com

Ingredients  (serves ~4):
6 large flour tortillas
1 package ground beef
1 white or yellow onion, peeled and diced
1 can refried beans
1/2 bag (give or take) shredded sharp cheddar
1/2 jar of your favorite salsa
1 avocado, pitted and sliced
sour cream 
scallions or cilantro 
S & P

The Process:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  

Brown the beef and onion together in a skillet that has been warmed on medium-high with some olive oil. Season with S & P.  (You can definitely add other herbs & spices here such as cumin, oregano, etc.) Drain and set aside.

Warm the beans on the stove top with a handful of the cheese stirred in (yum). 

Assemble your burritos by spreading a couple of spoonfuls of the bean/cheese mixture onto each tortilla and then a few spoonfuls of the beef/onion mixture.  Fold them, burrito-style, and place them seam-side down in a large dish side by side.  (I lined the dish with foil and a dusting of cooking spray).

Top the burrito chorus with cheese and salsa.  Warm in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.  Broil for 1-2 minutes if desired.  Serve with sliced avocado on top, sliced scallions or chopped cilantro, a dollop of sour cream, and S & P to your taste.



~A simple and delicious dinner is served ~








No comments:

Post a Comment