Happy 2015!! I hope that this year is a delectable and delicious one for you all in a thousand different ways. I am starting off this post by saying that one of my least favorite vegetables is cauliflower. I have never really liked it (and I like pretty much everything). Broccoli, on the other hand, is my middle name. I could eat broccoli every day for the rest of my life and die with a smile. So, why am I blogging today about cauliflower? Because THIS cauliflower is out of this world.
When I saw Ree Drummond (the Pioneer Woman) make this spicy cauliflower dish on her show a couple of weeks ago, I was intrigued. The way she described it pulled me in like a magnet, and I must say that this recipe does not disappoint. We enjoyed a side of it one night with pork chops and sauteed spinach, and I let it be the main star for my lunch the next day.
It is cooked in a little olive oil with fresh garlic, soy sauce, and lime juice, and then it is decorated with a little (or alot) of Sriracha for a tangy kick.
Enjoy this spicy cauliflower, and make 2015 absolutely delicious!
Spicy Cauliflower Stir-Fry
Source: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2014/05/spicy-cauliflower-stir-fry/
Ingredients:
1 whole head of cauliflower
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. soy sauce
1 lime
2 green onions/scallions (sliced) - I did not have these on hand, and it still turned out great
1 T. Sriracha or a favorite hot sauce (more or less, depending on your taste)
The Process:
Cut up the cauliflower into large pieces, and then use your hands to break up the larger pieces into smaller florets. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil, and allow the oil to heat up for a minute or two. Stir the cauliflower into the pan, and let it cook without touching it for a minute to allow the cauliflower to caramelize. Stir occasionally, and cook for about 2 more minutes. Turn the heat to low. Add the soy sauce, juice of the lime, and most of the sliced green onions. Stir to combine, and allow this to cook for about 1 minute. Stir in the Sriracha. Serve hot, with extra green onions and lime wedges.
Looks delicious!
ReplyDelete