The month of February is a reflective month for me in a couple of ways. First, it is the month of love and hearts, and I cannot believe the love and luck that envelop me daily through my devoted husband, my beautiful daughter, my sweet friends, and my unwavering, united family. I really do need to pinch myself daily for this life, and I feel so very grateful.
Secondly, February owns a calendar day from 2012 that shook me to my core and rattled my spirit. We lost our first pregnancy at 4 months along. It was devastating. My heartbeat seemed to stop when my baby's heartbeat stopped, and those feelings are with me forever.
At the beginning of each February since then, I reflect. I reflect on that day to remember it, to own the feelings, to be thankful for what that day taught me, and to use that day as a mirror to reflect a deeply appreciative heart.
I have learned through this reflection to the past to always remember to shift my eyes back to the present, to soak up the moments that memories are made of, and to always remember that the bumps and bruises along the journey are really the sweet spots down the road when you take a few moments to reflect.
I am now a work in progress to remember that 'reflection' can have two very different - but very similar - meanings and to welcome both into my life and into my heart ... forever.
Murrells Inlet, SC
August 2009
the view is still the same with the reflection a little different, depending on how you see it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment