I will start off this post by sharing some pretty wonderful news. Our family of 3 will be growing next Spring! We are very hopeful and feel immensely grateful. Our Seashell is stoked about having a little playmate around. Even at the tender-but-wise age of 2, she is aware of what is happening and knows there will be a baby she can play with and help with all the time. The thought of a friendship and camaraderie being born between such a sweet soul and a new baby is almost too much for my heart to handle. Seashell's joy and charisma are magnetic, and I cannot even imagine the bond that will be formed as they grow together and love each other as siblings and as friends.
So, with that news shared, I will now discuss these amazing quesadillas! They are a fun and unexpected, and I loved eating them for breakfast one day and then as a snack the next. Seashell really enjoyed them, too; they are a yummy snack for the little ones, as well.
They remind me of Fall (my favorite season). I am so excited for the change of seasons as it brings new hope, warm recipes, and happy memories.
Enjoy!
Apple Cream Cheese Quesadillas
Apple Cream Cheese Quesadillas
Source: Martin's pamphlet that accompanied my coupons this week (Thanks, Martin's!)
Ingredients (Serves 2):
2 soft flour tortillas
1 apple of your choice, sliced into thin, small pieces
a couple of spoonfuls of cream cheese
cinnamon-sugar for topping, if desired
a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired
The Process:
Warm a pan with a little butter on medium heat. Spread the cream cheese on each tortilla. Top each side with the apples. Place the 2 tortillas together to form a quesadilla, and gently transfer this to the warmed pan. Cook for a couple of minutes on each side, but be careful not to burn! Serve with a little maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon-sugar.
No comments:
Post a Comment