I created this dish last summer, and it is one of my favorite little kitchen creations from our first summer of marriage. As I've mentioned before a handful of times, in the warm months, we LOVE to grill our dinners. Seafood on the grill, even more so; our house keeps that beautiful "house" smell and doesn't smell like the Atlantic for days post-dinner.
My inspiration for this little recipe is as follows:
"Your food should always look like a rainbow." ~Mama Suz
I am constantly soaking up the colors of my food through my eyes, and I am so thankful that my mother helped me to do that so carefully, so precisely, and with such gratitude.
Herbed Halibut Ingredients (2 servings):
2 boneless halibut filets (any dense white fish would work beautifully)
a few drizzles of extra virgin olive oil
an array of your favorite dried herbs (I used oregano, thyme, and sage)
juice from 1/2 lemon
S & P
Summer Salsa Ingredients:
1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 small can of drained pineapple chunks
palmful of cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 of a red onion, diced
1 tablespoon-ish of extra virgin olive oil
juice from 1/2 lemon
S & P
The Process:
Make your salsa by simply adding the above ingredients in a bowl and lightly tossing together. Set aside in the fridge until fish is cooked and ready.
Prepare halibut filets by coating them in S & P and your dried herbs. Drizzle them with olive oil, and squeeze 1/2 a lemon on top. I also added a tiny bit of regular olive oil on the bottom of the foil to prevent sticking.
Then, simply grill your halibut inside foil tents (with the tops of the foil closed together with a few pockets for air) for approx. 10 minutes on a medium-high heat for 1" filets.
Bring filets inside, and scoop the fresh, tasty summer salsa on top of each filet.
The cold salsa with the just-off-the-grill warm fish is just divine. The textures are fantastic, and the flavors are incomparable. The colors look as if they were born from the most lovely rainbow popping up after a humid summer storm.
Serve your Herbed Halibut with Summer Salsa alongside sweet grilled corn, a perky arugula salad, or a scoopful of delicious red potato salad, just to name a few.
Bon Appetit!
No comments:
Post a Comment