After the humidity hits you with that first step out into the wild from the cool indoors on those days from June through August, it permeates your lungs, face, and hair like a slow-roasting chicken in the oven. It hits you hard and then lingers forever and ever - well, atleast until that first breath of fresh September air.
I am most definitely a cooler weather lady, but creating refreshing, fruity smoothies helps ease the pain of an oven-temperature kind of day like today. My love for smoothies runs deep. They are nourishing and vibrant, and I always feel like a million bucks after consuming one. I made this one recently to help cope with the intensity of the "Richmond summer" on one prickly-warm July day.
The yogurt adds creaminess, the mango adds a tropical flavor, and the lemon brings that "summer lemonade stand" flavor to the whole thing. It is ultra-delicious.
Lemon-Mango Smoothie (Servings: 1-2)
Ingredients:
1 mango, roughly chopped (skin removed)
1 small tub Lemon Greek yogurt
Splash of milk
1 cup of ice
honey (optional)
The Process:
Simply blend all ingredients together in a blender until frothy and creamy. Adjust your ice and milk as needed to achieve the desired consistency. I also added a whimsical little twirl of honey to mine to add a bit of sweetness to balance out the tangy lemon - it was a beautiful choice.
Happy hot & humid day ~ Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment