Sunday, March 6, 2011

Boathouse Birthday

Last night, we celebrated my sister's birthday at The Boathouse restaurant, which overlooks the James River and the sparkly, noble buildings of downtown Richmond.  It was fantastic.  I enjoyed a simply seasoned salmon filet, which was snuggled up to a perfect portion of wilted spinach, and accompanied by a nutty, wholesome rice pilaf.  It was topped with a sweet tomato jam.  It was packed with flavor, just salty enough, and extremely nourishing. 

Pretty gorgeous, wouldn't you say?


During dinner, I pulled a Dr. J moment during a birthday toast and asked everyone to say the first word that came to their minds when they thought of my sister ~

bubbly. happy. nice. smiley. sweet. angel.

Here's to many, many special moments ahead of you, sister!!!  Enjoy everything about your day. 
Happy Birthday to you.

1 comment:

  1. SO sweet, Meg! I wish I could have been there with you all. The salmon looks amazing - great presentation....really yummy. We'll have to work on some samples for your blog at the beach next week - I can't wait! XXXXX

    ReplyDelete