This year's birthday really sparkled. We celebrated sister and my March birthdays at Pawley's Island, the most poignantly perfect place to celebrate life in general. Whether it's a birthday, a May wedding, a June summer day, or any ol' day with no "special" meaning, Pawley's Island will bring it meaning. I can promise you that.
Sunrise from Seapost
Thank you, Mom, for your one-of-a-kind strawberry cake and chocolate cake, both dressed with the most delicious vanilla cream cheese frosting in the entire world.
A few days before my birthday, after a crazy long day, hubby made me dinner. How he put it all together was, honestly, the most beautiful and simple thing. The flavors were distinct, each bite was packed with nutrition, and I cannot express how much I appreciated the gesture.
Citrus-Marinated Salmon & Brown Rice
For my actual birthday evening, sister took me out for cocktails and appetizers at Secco in Carytown (YUM). During our visit, I reached inside my clutch for my camera so I could capture the visual magnetism of . . .
~ fried chickpeas with herbs and spices, Barboursville Vineyards Viognier, and toasty crostini topped with creamy goat cheese and spicy roasted tomatoes ~
. . . and I forgot the camera battery. Please just imagine how beautiful this spread was, and of course, how beautiful sister's face is, as well!
- The evening was topped off with one of my favorite dishes in Richmond -
Grilled Chicken Rice Noodle Salad with Crispy Spring Roll
Mekong Restaurant, Richmond, VA
And, for the final birthday hours, hubby picked up a deliciously moist and dreamy-sweet Martin's 1/2 cake to enjoy after dinner.
A deliciously sweet birthday which set the tone for a very special upcoming year.
I can feel it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment