Friday, March 4, 2011

West Coast Wonderful

I find that perspective unveils itself more clearly on Fridays for me than on any other day.  For what reason? I have no real idea, but my reasoning is gathered from these facts: the work week is complete, I come home before the sun sets, the eyes are a bit heavy from working hard, and the wine bottle practically uncorks itself it's so ready for that beautiful red pour into a crystal-clear, pristine, beautiful glass. 

My brother moved out to California 2-ish years ago for graduate school (he is making such a name for himself out there, it's unreal - and he's just beginning, folks) with his lovely, spunky, spirited, beautiful wife; and, it's on Fridays that I miss them the most.  I feel that on Fridays, I want nothing more than to relax and enjoy good food and good wine.  Hubby and I have many memories with them doing just that, and I hope there are many more to come.  (Tonight, we are heading out with my delightful sister and super-cute Mom, and I can assure you, we will be doing just those things!)

Here is a picture of a delectable, simple, scrumptious spread that brother, his sweet wife, hubby, and I enjoyed while watching a one-of-a-kind, colorful San Francisco Easter Parade in April of 2009.  I have been obsessed with cheese and olives (and West Coast spring afternoons) ever since.



It's the delicious bites of simple food such as this that remind us not to ever take life's simple pleasures for granted.  Thank you, J and R, for always enjoying drinks, food, laughs, and love, just as much as I do!

Let's raise a glass to Friday!

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOOOOOO....sweet! Love your blogs, Meg. I had such fun seeing you all this weekend for Jen-Jen'birthday. We miss you, Johnny & Rachel so much...I think Sunday is my day...

    ReplyDelete