Sometimes, I may fix myself a filled-to-the-brim bowl of Cinnamon Burst Cheerios (delicious), watch The Notebook or another girly classic, and follow it with a glass (or 3) of wine and a few pieces of dark chocolate from the freezer. Other times, I get inspired by God's painter's palette of garden vegetables and throw together a simple salad.
There have been times when I have attempted to make a meatless meal for hubby and myself, and, even though I don't shed tears with the absence of meat (although I do love it), hubby, in his most endearing, sweet way, will comment, "adding some chicken to this salad would make it even better! or, "this pasta dish would be good with some bacon, don't you think?"
Bold and beautiful, simple and satisfying.
Spinach leaves, chunks of avocado, cherry tomatoes, and balsamic dressing. All of the ingredients were already adorning our counter tops and snuggling together in the crisper drawer in the fridge. I have found that bagged spinach holds up longer than other types of bagged lettuce, and therefore, we often have it stocked. The vitamins and minerals that one reaps from ingesting it packs a motivating punch, too.
The creaminess of the avocado, the tastes of summer that burst from each bite of tomato, and the dense, hearty spinach just make you feel GOOD.
I have also topped this salad with slices of hard-boiled egg and grilled chicken for a bit more protein, as well as diced onion for a spicy crunch. Honey mustard dressing marries beautifully with this salad, specifically.
Equal parts Glacier County Honey (http://www.glaciercountyhoney.com/) whisked together with regular mustard and a little S & P is the perfect dressing. Both photos are included for your visual pleasure.
As always, Bon appetit!
No comments:
Post a Comment