This post simply deserves to begin with a photo.
Here you go.
The photo above depicts the most luxurious, velvety, nutty, delightful syrup in the world. It has to be the best; I have never tried anything like it in my 30 years of living.
I subscribe to a few choice food blogs through email, with one of them being the one credited for this recipe. When my eyes glanced over the words in the subject line of my Inbox, I was pulled in with incredible force, and I could not turn away. I had to make it ... that week ... for "breakfast for dinner". I am so very glad that I did.
Peanut Butter Maple Syrup
Source: www.oneparticularkitchen.com
Ingredients:
1/4 cup peanut butter (we used Smart Balance Natural Creamy)
1/2 cup maple syrup
The Process:
Add both ingredients to a small saucepan and heat on medium heat. Whisk occasionally to merge the 2 worlds. Whisk more often as the syrup gets warmer and starts to bubble a bit. This process took about 10 minutes.
In our kitchen, Buckwheat Pancakes were the lucky ones to be dressed by this syrup. I topped them with sliced bananas for "something extra", and this was a wise choice.
Happy rainy Sunday, and most importantly, Happy Earth Day.
There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more.
-- George Gordon, Lord Byron --
No comments:
Post a Comment